Free smoking signage available to GAA Clubs
Saturday 1st August 2020
Free smoking signage available to GAA Clubs in Northern Ireland (6 counties only)
The Public Health Agency (PHA) are providing resources free of charge to GAA Clubs/ Counties in Northern Ireland who are committed to transforming their club/county grounds into complete smoke- free environments (smoking is not permitted anywhere on the grounds). Many GAA clubs/ counties across the country have advised that with the current pandemic they feel it is an ideal window of opportunity to make their grounds smoke free. I have included all the information and requirements below.
- Each club/county grounds will receive 5 GAA tobacco signs free of charge (worth approx. £500)
- Each club/county grounds will receive the GAA Tobacco Free Policy and step by step guide to assist them in the process
- Each club/county will receive online smoking brief intervention training free of charge from the PHA
- Setting a positive example for young people and generating good news stories
What are the next steps?
- Discuss this with your Club Executive/ County Board as soon as possible. The decision to become a smoke- free club must be discussed and agreed at management level.
- If interested complete the form HERE to express your club’s interest (it’s brief).
- I will then arrange for the smoke free signage to be delivered (include the address and postcode when filling out the form).
- Usually clubs/ counties host a launch to announce that they are going smoke free and unveil the new signage but this is not a requirement now with the current pandemic.
This opportunity will be offered on a first come- first served basis as numbers are limited.